Just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone who has been reading my blog – it has been really awesome to chat with so many people who are into the same interests as I am. 🙂
This last year has been an absolute AMAZING adventure. I took a chance and switched jobs from an extremely high stress environment to my dream job – and I couldn’t be happier! While at my new job I have been able to travel, hike, bike, and just be ME again. I lost 40 lbs because I actually had time to start doing the things I love again. I learned that money is not everything and sacrificing your health and well being to be able to buy material things is RIDICULOUS – yes you need money to survive, but if you don’t have time to use the things you buy, what’s the point?? Anyway, I am grateful that I was able to find another path in the career field I am in where I can still afford to do the things I love (plus pay the bills) with 1/10th of the stress. 🙂
So what’s next for JoJo and I? So far the plans for next year include:
- snagging up to 10 state highpoints – split up into; a weekend trip for 2 (VT and NY), a long road trip for 6 mid-western states, a trip to visit my best friend in AZ/ state highpoint, and the very real possibility that I will be joining up with a few other bloggers to get another one – stay tuned for that – I’m super excited!
- MS 150 City to Shore – 80 mile bike ride in NJ which benefits multiple sclerosis
- backpack at LEAST the MD section of the AT – still bothers me that I was unable to do it this year!!
- A bikepacking trip in PA on the Pine Creek Trail
- the Cape Cod Rail Trail (in Mass) – I am VERY excited about this ride! I just have a few logistics to figure out as to where to stay along the trail
- kayak camping in Assateague – I did this trip a few years ago and it was such a great weekend!
Plus lots of other adventures in the works! It’s gonna be another great year! 🙂
A few of my favorite pics from the last year:
Feel free to follow me on social media:
HAPPY TRAILS!! 🙂